Hash-Checking wysiwyg and Vivien Installers (and other installers/files) downloaded from CAST Software
Hash-checking files is the only way to ensure that they did not become corrupted while being downloaded or copied to your computer via network or USB drive. This process involves using a hash calculator to compute the hash value of the installer/file on your computer, and comparing it to the known hash value that appears on the file’s download page.
- Click HERE to download the HashCalc utility
- Open the downloaded .zip file to find the file called Setup[.exe] Double-click on this file to begin installing HashCalc.
- On the last step of the installer, uncheck the View Read Me file option, but leave the Launch HashCalc option checked, then click Finish.
- Once the HashCalc window appears, click the … button in the top right corner of the window.
- In the dialog that appears, navigate to the location where you saved the downloaded installer/file, select the installer file and click Open.
- Click the Calculate button at the bottom of the HashCalc window: after a few seconds, the MD5 and CRC32 fields that are checked in the middle of the window (they should be checked by default, but if not please check them) will fill in with values made of numbers and letters.
If the calculated MD5 and CRC32 values do not match the ones that appear on the download page (or that were otherwise provided to you) please download again, on another computer or perhaps even via another internet connection. Repeat this as necessary until there is a perfect match between the values, and only then run the installer/open the file.