Assigning alternate symbols to multi-lens fixtures
If you have ever wondered how to assign a new symbol to a multi-lens fixture such as an ETC Source 4 or Strand SL without changing the symbols for all other fixtures of the same type, read on. The key to this procedure is to change the symbol for the lens, not for the fixture as a whole. When you perform this procedure, you change only the symbol that appears in Wireframe views of CAD mode, not the symbol for the actual fixture.
- With your file open in CAD mode, click the Lens tab of the Library Browser.
- Navigate through the tab until you find the lens heading for your fixture.
- Expand the lens heading.
- Highlight the lens type corresponding to the symbol that you want to change (for example, 5 Degree), and then right-click and choose Properties
- On the Appearance tab, click Change Symbol. The Symbol Select window opens.
- Choose another symbol for the lens, and then click Select.
- Click Close. The symbol for all fixtures with this lens is now updated to the new symbol.
- Tip: To make this change global, you must first access the Lens library from the wysiwyg Welcome window, and then change the symbol.