Connect to grandMA3 onPC (and grandMA3 consoles) from Wysiwyg via MA Lighting’s viz-key
As of R47 Update 1, Wysiwyg may connect to MA Lighting’s grandMA3 viz-key, which enables the grandMA3 onPC to output DMX to visualizers. (Using viz-key when connecting to the grandMA3 console is also recommended – but not required.) Complete information about the connection is provided in the Connectivity Guide, along with instructions for how to connect and a section on troubleshooting the connection. Reading this document is strongly recommended (before contacting Tech Support regarding problems with the connection and waiting for them to reply, potentially with steps already described therein). In brief though, to establish the connection:
- Ensure that the viz-key device is connected to the computer running Wysiwyg.
- Enable Wysiwyg to load the viz-key connectivity software via the OPTIONS menu > Application Options > Additional Interfaces
- Ensure that the viz-key connectivity software’s version matches the version of grandMA3 (onPC or physical console system software) that you are connecting to.
- Open the .wyg file and ensure that the fixtures’ patch matches the patch in the grandMA3 .show file. (Tip: use a .mvr file to exchange fixture and other information between Wysiwyg and grandMA3; the following video/webinar provides information about using MVR in Wysiwyg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtkE2wtUUTw.)
- Start the console (onPC or physical device) and ensure it is connected to the same subnet as the computer running Wysiwyg.
IMPORTANT NOTE: the console must ALWAYS start AFTER Wysiwyg, else a PROPER connection will not be established.
- Add the viz-key to Wysiwyg’s Device Manager and bind the universes in your .wyg file to the viz-key’s outputs.
- Click Connect in the Device Manager