wysiwyg’s visualization is now available in VR. If your computer specs meet the minimum system requirements to support VR, and wysiwyg detects your computer system has SteamVR installed, when connected to an HTC Vive VR or an Oculus Rift VR system, the “VR Mode” becomes available in the Shaded View.
In wysiwyg’s Shaded View, right-click, and choose “Start VR Mode” to output to your VR headset, and then “Stop VR Mode” to return to the regular Shaded View. Alternatively, use F10 key to toggle VR Mode on/off as well. The ESC key will also exit VR.
Currently, wysiwyg’s VR feature is a solely for viewing only, offering you the immersive experience in your designs. While in VR mode, you can use the following features:
- Camera movements – forward, backward, left and right, rotate/pivot left and right
- “Teleport” – point to a location in your file and teleport for quick navigation around the 3D space
- Your Camera Positions and Camera Paths from your wysiwyg file are also available for quick navigation around the 3D space
- View your DESIGN Looks by selecting them while experiencing your space in VR
- Some common View Options such as Ambient Light, Beam Intensity, Exposure, and switching between Volumetric and Enhanced Beams are also available from the Options in VR