Vivien has two beautiful podium choices in its library—the large and small podium. Both are perfectly drawn, both can be customised in terms of colour and texture, and both are just a click away from being on your stage.
But what if you’d like something a little different? Think Academy Awards where two people stand behind a double podium handing out that weighty, golden statuette.
In this procedure, you’ll learn how to use Vivien’s drawing tools to create a double-width Lucite podium. And the winner is…
1. Open an existing Vivien file (or create a new file) that contains a venue and a stage.
2. In the Drawing Wireframe tab, click on the stage to select it, right-click and choose Properties.
3. Click the Riser tab and note the Height value.
4. Click OK.
5. Click to enable Plan view.
6. Click anywhere in your drawing and then press TAB.
7. In the Height box, type the same value as the height of the stage (for example 2’), and then click OK.
8. The first thing you are going to draw is the podium base. Click the Riser tool and then type the following dimensions:
• Width: 42”
• Depth: 18”
• Height: 1”
9. Click OK.
10.Click to place the riser on the stage.
11. Click the Line tool and then draw a line on top of your riser that matches the outline shown below:
12. Right-click and select Finish Line.
13. Click the line to select it, and then right-click and choose Modify > 3D Transform > Lines into Surfaces.
14. Type a Distance of 40”, and then click OK.
15. Press TAB and type a Height of 5’4” (the height of the stage AND the new podium).
16. Click OK.
17. Click the Riser tool again and type the following dimensions:
• Width: 42”
• Depth: 21”
• Height: 1”
18. Click OK.
19. Click to place the new riser over the first one (the base), as shown below:
20. Click one of the side view icons (either right or left) and zoom in until you have a good view of the podium.
21. Click to select the top riser and then right-click and choose Rotate.
22. Click on the exact middle point of the riser (this is the central point of rotation).
23. Type 20 and press ENTER.
Note: When you start typing, the command line automatically appears in the bottom left corner of the window.
24. Click and drag the top riser so that it is in line with the front of the podium, as shown below:
25. Click to select Plan view.
26. Click and drag a selection box around the entire podium to select all elements at once.
27. Click Modify > Group to group all elements as one.
28. Click the podium to select it and then right-click and choose Properties.
29. Click the Appearance tab.
30. In the left pane, click Select All.
31. In the right side of the window, click the ellipsis button beside the Material box.
32. Navigate to the following material: Plastic > Plastic 7.
33. Click Select.
34. Click the Light Emission tab.
35. Leave the default colour white and choose 20% from the Intensity drop-down box.
36. Click OK.
When you render the file, it could look something like this: