Click & drag to rotate the image
Vivien 360º Image Export Feature
After investing time building your event design in Vivien, how about you take some time to step into your own creation, immerse yourself and experience the space, the look and feel of your own design from within?
That’s exactly what we hope you will do by taking advantage of the latest Virtual Reality technologies and Vivien’s new 360º Image export feature, which is the first step for Vivien into VR.
Vivien’s Virtual view image export feature now has a new Spherical Image (full 360 degrees including top and bottom) and Panorama option (only sides, up to 360 degrees).
The exported 360º and Panorama images include metadata that will be recognized by other applications, browsers and VR apps that allow it to be seen in VR headsets.
How-to Export 360º images from Vivien 2018
1 – Position your Virtual View camera where you want to “stand” within the picture, that will be the very center of your 360º picture.
2 – Right click and choose Export to Image, select Export Panorama to enable the Panorama options.
3 – Select the format you wish to export, Panoramic image can be exported as a Spherical image (full 360 degrees camera including top and bottom), or a Cylindrical image (only sides, up to 360 degrees).
4 – Select the resolution and click OK and you will be prompted to Save the picture.
How-to view 360º images with Virtual Reality Goggles
360º on Facebook – Facebook has a native 360º and VR platform that will recognize any 360º pictures in JPG format, (not available for PNG format or Panoramas) and present them with an icon ( ) indicating that users can click and drag to rotate the Point-of-view to look around.
Web browser and phone apps – To experience 360 images you need a viewer that will convert the image into a spherical projection. For that we suggest you download a browser extension for Chrome called Panorama Viewer, you can also visit http://panoramaviewer.1bestlink.net/ with any Browser and upload your 360º images to see it as a panorama or sphere.
Most Phone apps will either recognize 360 images or offer options to turn any image into a Spherical projection. One app in particular, free and very easy to use is the Panorama360Viewer available for IOS and Android.
Samsung Gear VR (Galaxy S6, S7 and S8)
- Transfer your 360º Photos to the images folder on your Android or to the folder “360Photos” under “Oculus” folder.
- Plug your phone to the Gear VR goggles and launch the Samsung Gallery App. Browse to the folder where you saved your 360º pictures.
- Select the picture you want to see in VR and click the ( ) icon, then chose 360º view.
- Transfer your 360º Photos to the images folder on your Phone
- From Play Google Store, download VR Player Free as this app can show pictures
- Select the picture you want to see and in settings under “Select Projection” chose Sphere.
Google DayDream VR
- On your phone, open the Daydream app .
- Tap the Google Photos app .
- Put on your Daydream headset and follow the steps.
- On your controller, click the touchpad to open the Google Photos app .
- Under the gallery, click to select an account.